Workshops & Events
Yoga White workshops and events explore aspects of yogic philosophy; offer experiences with sound, writing, deep meditation and immersion in Kundalini yoga…amongst other things.
BOOKING NOTE: these classes need to be pre-booked. Paypal is available on the links on the right. If you don’t do Paypal, please email or phone me to book your space. Yoga White will only refund pre-booked classes at our discretion.
THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE
A weekend Retreat 1st- 3rd February 2019 The Abbey, Sutton Courtenay Oxfordshire OX14 4AF
12 spaces available: 2 spaces left
It’s a well-known tale: a tale of love, loss, people who hurt us, and those who uplifted us; the characters who came and went; the important places and events. It is the story of our own life. Our personal story holds us, like a container. It gives us value and meaning- what we might call a ‘metanarrative’.
Story-telling is powerful stuff. Our personal myth contains the rationale of our lives to date. It is like a badge we wear to showcase why we are the way we are. Our story holds our damage and our beauty; our darkness and our light.
But how often are we truly conscious of the myth we weave about ourselves? When do we listen, wholly, to the words we use to speak about Self? How often are we witnessed in the telling? And do we realise how limiting our story can be?
This Kundalini Yoga retreat offers space to re-visit our personal myth and to explore it and re-define it. We will work with Kundalini Yoga kriyas (sequences) (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) and potent meditations to gain clarity about your life; become more authentically yourself; examine the concept of regaining your innocence and move towards wholeness in owning exactly what and who you are. In addition to yoga, we will work with a range of tools throughout the weekend. This weekend journey will also be guided by the symbolic energy of the new moon which supports new beginnings and new growth.
All are welcome and no previous yoga experience is necessary.
Typical weekend retreat schedule:
- Friday evening we gather after supper for an evening ‘meet and greet’; the objectives of the weekend are explored & the energetic ‘tone’ of the weekend is set with group meditation
- Saturday: 6-7:30am Yoga session/ 2 Morning teaching & experiencing sessions/ after lunch creative task/ evening group meditation followed by a gong bath
- Sunday: 6-7:30am Yoga session/ 2 Morning teaching & experiencing sessions/ after lunch closing session
Investment for the weekend: £340.00 per person
To secure your place: £50.00 non-refundable deposit. Full balance to be paid by 21st January: contact Holly to reserve your space
Your investment gives you:
- a weekend’s exploration of the above themes plus Saturday night gong bath
- full weekend access to a fully qualified & experienced Kundalini Yoga teacher & gong practitioner
- printed materials (where relevant) on the core teachings & a take-home 40 day meditation practice
- a single bedroom (shared bathrooms)
- all weekend meals– including supper on Friday night- and tea and snacks throughout the weekend (note: the centre can cater for specific dietary needs if we know in time)
- weekend residence in an extraordinary medieval building set in private grounds
Please be in touch to book your space: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 0118 931 3138
BOOK YOUR SPACE
I have attended Holly’s classes, workshops, gong baths and retreats with a passion! I will be eternally grateful to her for “being the lighthouse”, the illuminated one, who has guided me to the amazing path of Kundalini Yoga. She is an incredible being; she is knowledgeable, genuine, truthful, sincere, kind and blessed. Her knowledge of “all things yoga” is so vast, and she has so much information to pass on during classes that I often take a notepad and pen! Thank you Holly.
“A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.” – Saint Francis of Assisi.Rachel