Sacred Sound Immersion Experiences with gongs the Symphonic, Venus & Chiron gongs
Yoga White offers sacred sound bathing experiences: a deep time-out session to reconnect with Self, stillness & clarity. Gentle warm-ups, connect to breath, led into deep relaxation…sessions close with ayurvedic tea & snacks. A chance to connect with tribe.
What do I bring?
- Wear loose comfy clothing
- Bring a yoga mat/ rug/ sheepskin (to keep the spine warm)
- Warm blanket & socks
- Cushion/ zafu/ pillow if you want one
- Water bottle
- Throat sweets if you need them
I have been attending Holly’s workshops and gong baths for the past 3 years, since moving to the area . I find her to be an excellent teacher who exudes calmness and peace. I like her teaching style, which is informative and inclusive of everyone present. I find that she imparts great wisdom and I always come away feeling nurtured as well as having learnt something new. I have recommened her to a number of fellow yogis all of whom have felt the same as me!
Full Moon Gong
Saturday 13th July 5-7pm
Quaker Meeting House, 45 Northfield End, Henley-on-Thames RG9 2JJ
Investment: £20/ £10 student/OAP
Parking available in Quaker car park or on pavement spaces across from venue.
BOOKINGS FOR GONG BATHS
Book via Paypal with the buttons below or be in touch to make your booking
PRIVATE SOUND BATHS
Have a sound bath in your own home or chosen venue. You provide the venue, I bring the gongs/ crystal bowls Private sound baths investment prices:
- Up to 4 people: 90 minutes Flat rate- £80 + travel expenses
- More than 4 people: 90 minutes £18 per person + travel expenses
- Travel expenses = 0.45p per mile outside Central Reading + travel time allowance dependent on distance @£5 per half hour
- Or private 1-1 sound bath in my space in Central Reading is £50
What is a gong bath?
The gong is traditionally used in the Kundalini Yoga tradition as a healing tool. It is like a primitive form of ultrasound: the sound vibrations of the gong move through your bodymind clearing blocks, releasing tension and bringing harmony to your whole body.
What can I expect?
You are invited to create a cosy space on the floor to relax on (chairs are always available for any back issues). People bring warm blankets, loose clothing, cushions & warm socks.
- We begin by stilling ourselves to create an intention for the session.
- Gentle stretching & breathwork are used to relax the body & down-regulate the nervous system to prepare the ‘soil’ of the body to receive the sound
- You lie down & are led in guided visualisation into deep relaxation
- The the gong is also played for about 40 minutes.
- You are brought up out of deep relaxation
- Tea & ayurvedic snacks are served afterwards
What does the gong do?
When we hear the word ‘gong’ we often think of people crashing and banging on gongs making terrifying noises: this gong-playing is nothing like that! The gong is played using a soft shamanic-like drumming rhythm which soothes the nervous system and relaxes the brain through various brain-wave states- alpha (relaxed/ daydreaming), theta (deep meditation) and delta (deep sleep). The sound waves enable deep healing and clear blockages from the bodymind; it is quite common to twitch and realign during a sound healing session, and to have vivid images arise or to feel like you are taken on a inner journey. The gong enables us to relinquish control of the thinking mind and to enable the innate wisdom of the body to return us to a state of harmony and balance.